Monday, January 4, 2010

Dec 09

December was so much fun! We were so busy! We started it off with a trip to Knott's with some friends. Brooke rode her first big roller coaster and Jake went on the Log Ride many times.



Then it was Brooke's birthday party, Christmas themed with cookie decorating and white elephant gift exchange.

Next up was my mom's 60th birthday party. We did a lot of planning and it was a great night. The nephews did a synchronized swimming routine and a there was a guest appearance by a gorilla. Only in my family! Christmas was a hit. Dodd got a very cool/ very fast RC airplane. A couple weeks later and he still has it in one piece!! YAY!

We took 3 trips to "butterfly garden". If you are ever in Santa Barbara Dec- Jan, you have to check it out!!! The best part of the month was having all the family around! My kids love their cousins!
Now we are beat! It's a new year and back to the old routine. It was fun while it lasted! Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Tell Dodd to call me up next time he goes out to fly that plane!

Bridget said...

Hi, I saw Dodd's comment about a book Hello From Heaven on Molly's blog. I looked it up on Amazon and read a few reviews. One comment was from someone who didn't recommend the book for those who have lost a child or someone close.

Please don't be offended by this question...I am wondering if you have lost a child? If so, from that perspective, what was the best thing about the book? If you do have all your children with you every day, I'm truly happy for you.

While we have not recognized any communication from our deceased son, I do know another blogger mom who sees butterflies constantly and recognizes them as being sent from her son. On the contrary, I don't think I've seen a butterfly in years...either I'm not looking or they aren't as much of an everyday experience as many would believe.

You have a beautiful family and I love the photos of your daughter in her baptismal dress on the beach.