This weekend I did 4 big cakes in 3 days. I am so caked out! The first was a baby shower cake for a friend in Ojai. The theme was ballerinas.
Next was an order I got from a friend of a friend. She wanted trucks for her 1 year old's construction birthday. The trucks are made of cake, covered in fondant. I love this cake!
My friend Rachel asked if I would make her boy Aidan who is turning 3 a cake. Luckily he likes trucks too! So I did the same thing for him!
The last cake was an interesting request from the mother of a girl in Brooke's class. Her niece was having a "signing party" to sign papers of intent to go to the University of Illinois. She wanted a big orange letter I for more than 100 people. This cake turned out huge!!! I was worried how she was going to get it there. Luckily it fit in her car and she was very happy with it.
I love doing cakes but I need to pace myself. This was cake overload!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
A busy cake weekend
Posted by amyndodd at 10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awesome job Amy! They all look so great!!
Nicely done! I am very impressed. I would have been nervous carrying that huge "I" around!
i'm always impressed with you! how you turn out such great cakes AND raise four gorgeous kids, i'll never know. i wanna be you when i grow up!
Amy, they look amazing. I especially love the truck cakes too.
Post a Comment