Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Child Labor



After having 4 kids in 6 1/2 years I have felt the need to be more organized. When Brooke was in school I liked making her lunch at night so it was ready in the morning. I try to have the kids take their things out of the car and not letting it pile up. Little things like that which make my life easier. I need all the help I can get so I am recruiting my kids! To make it "fun" I made a job chart using magnets. Every morning they pick 4 jobs and it has worked really well. They are paid with happy faces, when they get 10 we are going to get shaved ice. So far it has worked really well. Yesterday Jake finished his 4 jobs and asked for more!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

You are such a good mommy! I wish my kids still liked charts and stickers for jobs. Now they don't want to help at all and money when they do!

RetroRugrats said...

Cute idea. I've got one up but I need to be more consistent.

Valerie said...

Simple and effective. Genius!

Moose and Family said...

Aaron likes your idea. Kaya will be 4 this week and even though she's already expected to help, we've been trying to think of ways to make it a little more fun/rewarding.

Leslie said...

Great idea!