Monday, June 30, 2008

Gee Really?

Everywhere I go people are always telling me "Looks like you have your hands full"! I am not sure how to respond to this, I usually smile and keep herding my kids along. I am really thinking, but am too nice to say- Gee Really? I didn't notice. What gave it away?? The baby strapped to my chest, the almost 2 year old running wild, the older brother chasing her laughing hysterically, the six year old yelling trying to get them back, while I push the shopping cart trying to remember what I was going to buy.
My kids are fairly well behaved and I don't mind taking them places, but lately I have felt like a freak show. The truth is I love having my hands full and wouldn't want it any other way.

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Gee Really? You wouldn't want it any other way? I bet that is not always the case! Although your kids are pretty darn cute.

The Burke's said...

You really are amazing. Whenever I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with my one crazy child I think about you doing it with 4 kids and I keep going. You're my inspiration! You have to think of some kids of smart comment to say to those people like "They're my step children too." Or "Quadruplets, what can I say?" Or "Aren't they cute little accidents?!" I like the last one. You will probably get 2 looks for that. I'm thinking of ya Amy Sue!

Teresa said...

You are a great mommy - NOT a freak show. Everybody else just wishes they had kids as cute as yours. You can respond by smiling and saying "Yes, my hands are full and isn't it great!" You show 'em!

Loriann Boon said...

I know exactly how you feel. I come back with, "I only bring the good ones out and leave the rest at home." This always gets a reaction. Most people ask,"really how many do you have?"

jenibug said...

Watch "Jon and Kate Plus 8" on TLC and it will put it all in perspective. haha They must get stared at and get snide remarks all the time!

Alyssa said...

I love your attitude, I would have some attitude and probably give some snotty response!

marisa said...

been there done that! and I still get it all the time! i always tell people, "well it's a good full! and i love it!"