Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jake is 5!!




My little Buster is 5 today. I keep telling him I want him to be 4 again but he just won't go for it. We took him to Lazar Star with Cody, Jesse, Tammy and our friends Ricky, Nicolas and Veronica. He was so excited. This morning Brooke asked me what kind of cake I was going to make for him. I had totally forgotten about a cake!! So I asked Jake what he wanted and he said "A cake with monkeys chasing bananas". What?? I tried to get him to do a Spiderman or Batman... something I could go buy, but this is what he wanted. Not bad for being thrown together last minute! Jake is the best little boy! Happy Birthday Jake!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

We tried to call you guys a couple of times yesterday - the boys wanted to talk to Jake. Ethan walked around all day singing "Happy Birthday to Jake, He is my friend and I love him. Happy Birthday to him!"

I can see you were busy and had a super fun day. Happy Birthday Buddy!

Moose and Family said...

I am TOTALLY impressed with the cake. You are so creative!! Happy Birthday Jake.

Emily said...

I have a present for Jake at mom's house! I bet she forgot to give it to you before she left! If you can get in her house and are going there call me and I'll tell you where his present is. I should have mailed it instead of leaving it there in June. I was too prepared!

sheila said...

YEA! That cake is so stinkin cute! So tell me please how you learned to do cake decorating? I want to learn. Plus where did you get the monkey and stuff?