Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas finally

I know it is late, but it is still December. We had a great Christmas! Three actually. My mom's Christmas Eve, our house Christmas day, and Dodd's mom's the day after! My sisters Teresa and Emily did cute blogs of their Christmas decorations... since they live so far I thought it was a great idea so we could see their things. So here is mine.

I only know a few songs on the piano and don't play much... but it is a great place to display Christmas decorations. Hope this doesn't offend you Emily! Kelsey loves baby Jesus and tries to swipe them all. The puzzle nativity is Jake's favorite, he does it at least 5 times a day.


Yes even the piano bench gets a nativity.

Growing up we didn't have a fireplace in our home, so we would pin our stocking to the couch for Santa. We do have a fireplace in our home now, but it is in the other room and I still like hanging them from the couch. I also have the most awesome tree this year.... it spins!! Thanks Tammy. I smile every time I see it!


This is our Santa dog. Brooke and I found the suit at the dollar store. Poor dog... so humiliating.
I can't leave out Dodd's contribution.... the lights. Cars always slow down to check out our house. Nice job Hun.


Oh... have to have one family photo.

Well there you go... Christmas at the Stolworthy's.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Your girls have curly hair for Christmas! did you do rags in their hair like we used to do? and I do feel a little sad for your piano...I don't even want to know what mom put on my piano this year. Happy New year! we miss you and love you!

Teresa said...

I want Dodd to come put up our lights! We have wimpy lights. Tyler promised me that next year he'll put them up all over the outside of the house (if I pay him and pay for the lights.) And how does your tree spin? I picture Grandpa Ashby's record player/spinning tree. I wish I could should that to my boys.
And you all look so great!

Leslie said...

Is that a stocking for the dog? Love it!! I was glad we could come and see your house - the lights were impressive and I love your spinning tree. Thanks again for taking care of my boys last week! They had so much fun.