My husband has been a Facebook enthusiast for several months now. At first I didn't get it. I was so used to blogging and Facebook isn't like that. I want info on these people! So I have been sneaking on his account and looking at all of his "friends". After doing this for awhile and even making some of my old school mates his friends so I could look at them, I decided to join Facebook. It hasn't even been 2 full days and I have so many friends. People popping up all over wanting to be my "friend". I am way more popular now than I ever was in High School. No wonder people love Facebook! Now I have a dilemma. Do I have to talk to all these people now or do I just look at their pictures and ignore them. I guess I still don't get it.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I tend to look at the pictures and never talk to them. Erik is really into Facebook too. Must be a guy thing.
Just like in HS...I mostly observe and never really engage :-) I guess not much changes, but I too am more popular on facebook...Thanks for being my friend!
Hi Amy, it's Sam Johnson, Tammy's cousin. This is the only way I could think of to find you, and I have a favor to ask of you. I am doing a report about the deaf community for Monday, and I was wondering if you could tell me a little about it. I am going to also do research on the internet, but I want a first hand view on some of the differences from life in the hearing community. Thank you so much, you can find me on facebook :) or email me back at sjohnson@hpa.edu. Hope to talk to you soon!
Here's the thing you do. You search out people while they don't know using friends or searches or whatever. Then you ask to be their friend and then you never speak to them again. I'm on MySpace and Facebook and that's how it works. Ames, we were totally that popular in high school. Ask Cathy.
And I poked you like 3 days ago and you still have not poked me back. I thought we were friends!
Post a Comment