
Brooke lost her first tooth on Sunday! The tooth was so loose she could bend it upside down. It was really ready!! Since she is our oldest and this is the first tooth we had to decide a few things. First how much money. I don't really know the going rate of a tooth these days, but I know it is probably too much! Her friend told her he got $5 a tooth... there is no way! We would go broke with 4 kids in the house losing teeth! We thought $2 was fair. Then the second decision, what to do with it. I know parents who keep baby teeth and it really grosses me out. What am I going to do with 4 sets of baby teeth, make a necklace? EWW!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Who does that?
Posted by amyndodd at 3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Dang I'm cheap! I was thinking .50cents was good. I grew up with the story of the tooth fairy carrying a giant coin purse, and sometimes we got silver dollars.
Curtis is so anxious to lose teeth..he talks about it all the time.
i think we did one dollar. unless the tooth fairy was really busy (read...the tooth fairy forgot) and had to come a day late. then it was two dollars.
and i kept all of cody's baby teeth until you grossed out over it and asked me if i was going to keep all his scabs too. they went in the trash after that.
haha. My mom had a big ugly green glass on the top of our bookshelf that held all our baby teeth for years... gross. The reason I found out about it was because one day when I was a kid I climbed up on the bookshelf and accidentally pulled it over, knocking the glass down & ending up with old nasty baby teeth pouring down on my head. So I wouldn't recommend keeping the teeth either, although I think you would look lovely in a necklace of pearly whites. :)
Ok, on the baby teeth, I am keeping Kendalls. The reason: So when he figures out that there is no tooth fairy, (he gets a new gold 1 dollar coin and a pack of sugarless gum from his) and asks what we did with the teeth, i can say here they are! He can at that point decide to keep them or not. I keep each one and record date and tooth location on a ziplock bag. I guess I am weird :)
I just had to pay Justin for 2 teeth - $1 each. I have Tyler's 1st lost tooth but I don't know why. I've tossed all the rest. Brooke is so cute with her little gap-toothed smile!
Some people give $5! wow I think I got a quarter...what is it going to be in few years with inflation! Very Cute picture!
Dude, I got a quarter, and was HAPPY for it! Give them 50 pennies, then it will seem like more. LOL!
Post a Comment