Friday, May 23, 2008

I created a monster!


(that is a sticker on Jake's forehead. Crazy!)
Jake's new love is recycling. I took Jake for the first time to recycle a bag of bottles and cans that we had saved. We got a whole $3.50 so I let him have it all, and he carried his dollars around all day. Now he is a recycle monster! He is so happy to get bottles, I think that is what we will get him for his birthday. Grandpa Stolworthy also started him on a new money making venture by selling avocados. They have a big tree in their backyard and gave Jake 2 big bags of them. The kids sold them around the neighborhood and made $14. Now Jake can't wait to go back to Grandma's and get some more. This is a picture of Jake sleeping with his newly earned 5 dollar bill. He is saving for a wii. That is going to take a lot of avocados son!!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

What an entrepreneur! Tell him that I love receiving gifts. We'll totally come over and play with the new wii...next year!

Tammy said...

good grief i love that kid! i think he's got some clobes blood in him!

Leslie said...

I love that he is sleeping with his money.

marisa said...

Justin taught our girls all about the whole recycling thing and they love it too! They help separate the cans and bottles he brings home from work and love to get their money!