Saturday, May 3, 2008

Life With Micah




I can't believe he is over two weeks old!! He is a very good baby who loves to eat, sleep and swing. We have a swing on the patio that we now call "the magic swing". If he gets a little grumpy all you have to do is wrap him up tight and swing him and he falls asleep. It worked on Kelsey too!!



The kids love him and are all doing great. I have been surprised by how good I feel. I have had very little pain from the surgery, it has been much better than I thought a c-section would be. (not that I want to do it again!!) I still have two weeks until I can drive, lift or do anything like that. The hardest part has been not picking up Kelsey. I am so lucky Dodd has taken off 3 weeks and might do 4 to help. He packs lunches, takes the kids to school and keeps them busy most days. He did admit that his job is much easier than being a housewife! I love that!! My mom has also been here most everyday. She cooks and cleans and helps me keep my sanity! I love when she is here. I don't know what I will do when I won't see her everyday.... I think I will try to milk this as long as possible. Hopefully she is not getting too tired of us. Thanks mom!!!

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

He is absolutely adorable and it is so great you have family here to help. Congrats to you guys!

Shelsi said...

Cute picture! Aren't mom's the best. It was tough when my mom left to go back to work but I think I'm getting back into the hang of trying to do things on my own again. Well, I hope to see you and the new baby soon!

The Burke's said...

Amy Sue, let me know when you want me to come over and get my baby fix with some strawberry pie. I still owe you for saving me. He is adorable. I love that Dodd admitted that your job is really hard. I have one and it's a struggle some days. We're coming down for Mother's Day so I'm coming to see that baby and bringing a toddler. Hey, wanna switch?

Teresa said...

He's so cute!! I want to get there and squeeze him! Mom will always take care of you Ames, she's the best. I'm glad you are feeling good. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Cimblog (tm) said...

So, I was there in Ventura for that BYU concert. Tammy said you wouldn't come out to visit. Humph...

must.meet.that.baby!