Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Coupons

One of my new year's goals is to be a little more thrifty. I wouldn't say I am a big spender, but I hate when the month is over and my budget is blown and I am not sure where it went. So I have hit the thrift stores a couple of times and found great outside toys for the kids, joined Freecycle which I am not sure I will be using, and I got out my stack of coupons that I collect but never use. Dodd is very supportive of the coupons and teases me that it turns him on when I clip coupons. And he has no problem watching all the kids and letting me go on a long shopping trip to the grocery store, if there are coupons being used. Today was one of those days and I was very happy with the outcome. I matched my coupons up with the sales at the store using the coupon mom site (www.cutouthunger.com) to save the most. I spent $109 and saved $111! $34 was from the coupons and the other $77 was the store sales. I might have to keep this one up! Dodd will be so happy!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

you KNOW you're gonna end up with more kids if you keep up this coupon cutting business that turns your husband on! i think it's so cool to see the savings you can get when you use coupons...i'm just too lazy and unorganized to do it very often!

Cristin said...

I had never seen the Coupon Mom website before. That's great. I love going into a store and using coupons to get things for free.

Teresa said...

You are a ninja couponer! I've only saved $10-$15 at the most, so it's hard to take the time to do it. I carry coupons around with me but I forget I have them and they expire. Good for you!

Cari said...

That's awesome Amy! It always feel good when you get a great deal or save lots of money. I'll have to check out that site.

Leslie said...

I'm like Teresa, I bring coupons and forget to use them. That's funny about Dodd...it's amazing what can turn a man on. I've been taking the trash barrels out on the trash day and Ben thinks it Sexy...what??
Silly boys.

Shelsi said...

With the offer for old/unusable lingerie and turning Dodd on clipping coupons you could definitely end up with more kids, like Tammy said. Lol. I'll have to try your techniques so I can turn my husband on too! I'll see if taking out the trash works as well!

kristen said...

i made a very similar new year's goal and also checked out Coupon Mom after reading about it somewhere... however the only thing I figured out how to do on their website was sign up for a free sample of Total. Maybe I need a Coupon Mom mentor... wanna teach me how to use it when I give you your Visiting Teaching hairdo? (Sorry, but I will probably never stop making that joke.)

jenibug said...

It's cool to see someone else that is using coupons too! I tell people that I've been doing that and they love to inform me it's a waste of time! I'll definately try out Coupon Mom, because I can only get so many coupons from the Sunday paper at the college library.