Monday, January 14, 2008

Freecycle

While talking to my neighbor about getting a toddler bed for Kelsey she mentioned that I should look at Freecycle because she has seen them on there before. So being curious I signed up online as a member of the Ventura Freecycle group. I was so surprised by all of the transactions that go on everyday with people swapping junk. The posts are emailed to me every time someone offers something or something is taken. I get about 30-50 a day. I read through them and delete them and wonder who these people are. I haven't found anything good enough to take... I am waiting for someone to offer a diamond ring. But a couple of days ago someone offered "old/unusable lingerie". What??? You could throw that away, don't offer it to us. Luckily I haven't seen that one taken yet. I really wonder if I have joined the right group.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

ew! i think you did sign up with the wrong group...unless someone decides to give away a diamond ring! good luck with the toddler bed.

Steph! said...

Uh...what in the world??? bizarre :)

Cristin said...

I've never heard of Freecycle... sounds interesting. I've seen free stuff posted in the Penny Saver and Recycler, but it seems like when things are free people think that it must be junk, but when it costs $20 or so, they think they are getting a deal.

Wow, used lingerie. Sounds cool.

Leslie said...

That's pretty nasty!! Have you looked on Craigs List? Just have Dodd get it for you(with his gun on his hip)...obviously there are a lof of freaks out there.

The Burke's said...

Amy you are so funny. I posted the free lingerie! I thought someone else could use it. J/K Sorry I stole your baby crib. I would check out Craigslist too. That's the one I love. I'll have to check out freecycle too. Sounds interesting!

Jen said...

Hey Amy
I use freecycle all the time. I have gotten couches and a bed for Theresa. I also give away alot of stuff on it. You do get some weird stuff sommetimes