Sunday, July 20, 2008

Million Dollar Cookie


I was watching the Pillsbury Bake-off on the Food Network last week and saw a lady win a million dollars for her cookie recipe. I wanted to see how great they were so I made them with the kids today. They are great! I love the idea of a filling in a cookie. Here is the recipe if you want to try!
Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies
1/4
cup Fisher® Dry Roasted Peanuts, finely chopped
1/4
cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
1/2
teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2
cup JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2
cup Domino® or C&H® Confectioners Powdered Sugar
1
roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® Create ‘n Bake® refrigerated peanut butter cookies, well chilled
DIRECTIONS
1.
Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
2.
In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 (1-inch) balls.
3.
Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
4.
Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Spray bottom of drinking glass with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray; press into remaining peanut mixture. Flatten each ball to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of glass. Sprinkle any remaining peanut mixture evenly on tops of cookies; gently press into dough.
5.
Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

love your new look! and i love those darn cookies! thanks for making some for us. we HAVE to come up with a recipe and win us a million!!!

Amy G said...

Hi Amy, I saw that recipe and thought it looked good. I'll have to try it. I will share with you one of my favorite filled cookies. 2 German Chocolate Cake mixes, 4 eggs, 2/3 cup oil. Mix all of the above up until it forms a cookie dough.(I usually mix the oil and egg first and then add the mix) I use a cookie scoop but if you don't take a spoonful of the dough about the size of a walnut and shove an unwrapped Rollo candy into the dough, roll in your hands until the candy is completely covered. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until done. The cookie will flatten out into cute rounds. When you bite into them you'll find a hidden treasure of caramel! If you like nuts you can mix in a cup of chopped walnuts or pecans or if you want to make them fancy you can roll the balls in sugar before baking.

Cute blog - you lured me out of lurkdom...ha!
I'm a big fan of the cake mix cookie - you don't get as many dishes dirty and the possibilities are endless.

Amy

Grandma's Blog said...

Amy, Dad and I are going to the park for the concert tonight and I am going to make these to take. Will have to try the recipe from Amy G. next!
Love Mom

Teresa said...

Your blog is so cute! We tried the cookies for Family Night tonight - yummmmm. I wish the recipe made more than just 24!

marisa said...

Here are the other recipes to use with the starter...
http://www.uwm.edu/~dgs/AmishFriendshipBread.htm