Thursday, July 17, 2008

Time for a new car!

We went to see my brother's new place up by San Jose last weekend. We left Saturday evening, drove for about 4 hours and our car broke down. We were out in the middle of nowhere!! We waited for a half an hour for the CHP to come. I rode in the back of the police cruiser with all the kids to the next exit 4 miles away. They dropped us off at a diner and we waited for my brother to come pick us up. Dodd stayed with the car and waited for the tow truck. They towed him to a dealer in Los Banos. After eating ice cream sundaes at 11:30 at night with the kids, my brother picked us up and we went and picked up Dodd. What a bad trip!!! We finally got back to Ben's place around 1:00! The dealer ended up finding nothing wrong with the car!! We went and picked it up Tuesday and drove it home. It has been working fine, but I am scared everytime I go somewhere I will be stranded on the side of the road again! It was good seeing Ben, Les and the kids. Their house is beautiful. But with the car breaking down and Micah crying most of the time, I am not looking forward to any car trips in the near future.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry about your car and all the hassle that came with it. We were really happy to have you come and visit. When you get your new mini-van, you'll have to come visit again!! :)

Lauren said...

Ah, Los Banos. We were in a wreck at that exit last year. We, too, were eating icecream sundays at 1am in a diner waiting for family to pick us up. Good times.

Tammy said...

i hate car trouble. i think you should get a mini van for all those kids anyway! good luck with that!