Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Too Young??

Today after coming back from dropping Brooke off at school I couldn't find my cellphone. I looked everywhere and was pretty sure I took it with me when I walked her to school. So I called it from my home phone and could hear no ringing. I was getting worried I dropped it while walking, but a few minutes later Brooke's teacher called and said that the cell phone was in Brooke's backpack!! I would have loved to see the teacher's face when a child's cell phone was ringing in her Kindergarten class. Kids are getting younger and younger carrying cell phones these days. My Kindergartner needs to stay connected!! I will teach her to put it on vibrate next time!

7 comments:

Steph! said...

How funny, I hope her teacher thought it was funny too!

Leslie said...

That is really funny...did Brooke take it on purpose? I bet it was a surprise to the teacher.

Melissa said...

I wish she would have said "let me get that" Like a diva! How funny! Can't wait to hang out!

Cristin said...

I wonder how many kids in her class really do have cell phones. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few. That sounds crazy to give a phone to a kid so young, but you know people do it.

Valerie said...

She totally should have said, "Excuse me, I have to take this, its about an important play date." That would've been awesome!

GRANDMA LORRIE said...

I love your blogs, girls!!
It's probably my fault that Brooke took the cell phone to school. I'm always telling her to call Grandma Lorrie. I missed her Tues. now that she's in school. It was fun to see Jake & Kelsey!
If you would, remember Shelsi in your prayers. We're waiting the news of her "brain surgery" that she had this morning.
Hopefully the blood transfusions helped and they got all of the tumor (it was the size of a plum).
And hopefully they will find that it was not cancerous-so that she won't have to have chemo again.
Love you guys (Amy & Valerie)
Brooke--call Grandma Lorrie.
(your dad might get you your own cell phone for your birthday-it's coming up soon) HA!
Love & Hugs

Jewels said...

Remember us? I found your blog through the Ashby's. I met Valerie a few years ago and we still keep in touch. It feels like so long since we left Ventura. Kelsey is so big now! You'll have to check out our blog to see how huge Joseph is. Nice to see your family doing so well!